Honey Mustard Chicken, a simple yet tasty quick dinner which is perfect for after work when you have little time or energy.
After work when I’ve worked flat-out and happy to be in the familiar surroundings of home I want an easy to cook dinner that’s quick and tasty. I want nothing more than to slam something in the oven, prep some green veg and then sit down and eat with my people.
Normally cooking is fun and relaxing for me especially when family and friends come round but after work, it’s different. I want to tick off the major food groups, eat something tasty and if I can cook double for a make ahead dinner for another day then I’m happy. This honey mustard chicken dish ticks all those boxes. Cooking double means you’ve got chicken sandwiches for lunch the next day, or fajitas for another dinner and maybe even the base for a chicken pasta dish for another after that. Smug doesn’t even come close.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and without skin
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- Half a lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4/356°F
- Place the chicken breasts in a large shallow baking dish.
- Mix together the oil, honey, mustard, wine and garlic and pour over the chicken breasts.
- Scatter over the rosemary leaves and dot about the slices of lemon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with spring greens.
- Also great to make double and use in salads or sandwiches for next day's lunch.