A baked rice dinner of chicken and chorizo cooked in a pasta sauce topped with cheese. The answer to a quick and nourishing after work dinner for busy people.
After a long day at work or a full on day out, you want an easy go-to dinner that draws a line in the sand from working week to hello weekend. This easy chicken and chorizo rice bake draws that line perfectly.
It’s our cosy Friday night dinner when we grab a few moments together to talk about our week, discuss weekend plans and relax in each other’s company. It’s a no frills, easy kind of dinner and I make no excuse for using ready made ingredients. These simply give you more time to ease into that delicious feeling of relaxation and letting go of the busyness of the week.
You can save time by either prepping the ingredients in advance or even making the chicken and chorizo sauce ahead of time but even from scratch, it’s no hardship. Whatever works for you.
- 250g chorizo, sliced and then cut into quarters
- 3 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless – cubed
- 1 x 450g good quality pasta sauce
- 2 packets of ready cooked rice
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- Half a jar grilled peppers, sliced
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6/400°F.
- In a large saucepan add the chorizo, chicken and pasta sauce and cook for 7-8 minutes, stiring from time to time to prevent sticking.
- In a baking dish empty the contents of 2 packets of ready made rice. Pour over the chorizo and chicken mix and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle over the parsley and grilled peppers.
- Top with the grated cheese and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.