This version of an Espresso Martini cocktail is made with spiced coffee flavoured espresso, vodka, coffee liqueur, and maple syrup to give you that pick me up needed when your dancing feet begin to tire.
New Year’s Eve parties are great fun and always something to stay up for but you can flag come 11 o’clock even if your night is just the two of you in front of the TV waiting for the chimes to ring.
To help you through I’ve got a great pick you up cocktail. Espresso Martinis are the perfect answer as they give you zing you need to party just a little while longer. Should you have any Christmas spiced coffee leftover that you bought on a whim, this is a great way to use it up.
Using maple syrup as a sweetener gives a layer of smokiness and saves you time in making a sugar syrup.
Another coffee based martini recipe is HERE – Flat White Martini using an Irish Whiskey liqueur.
- 100ml vodka
- 50ml coffee liqueur
- 50ml cold espresso (made from a spiced coffee blend, if not regular ground coffee)
- 30ml maple syrup
- Ice cubes
- Place in a cocktail shaker with a large handful of ice cubes.
- Pour in the vodka, coffee liqueur, cold espresso and maple syrup.
- Shake until well blended.
- Pour into freezer fresh cocktail glasses and once nearly full, open up the shaker and spoon over some of the froth.
- Any regular coffee grounds can work here but this is a great way to use up those coffee blends that are no longer your favourite.