A richly spiced no churn marmalade ice cream using Harrods Orange and Ginger marmalade from their Christmas Hamper, The Grosvenor.
Christmas present buying for grown ups can be hit and miss especially once you’ve exhausted your usual go-to presents but I think I’ve found the answer – a hamper. Hampers can fit all budgets and give an instant warm glow of happiness.
Harrods kindly sent me The Grosvenor Hamper to review. Firstly, when it arrived the box was huge. Once opened the gold buckled hamper itself was equally as big and filled to the brim ready for you to delve inside. All childhood memories of feverishly ripping open wrapping paper came flooding back and it’s that feeling a hamper gift gives the recipient which is worth every penny.
Harrods hampers start at £35 and go right through to a deliciously decadent £5,000 which I know might not be everyone’s budget but I would happily club together with family and friends to buy a hamper that would be slightly out of my initial budget.
What’s inside the Grosvenor Hamper
• A large wicker hamper basket branded with Harrods logo
• Spiced Omni-Grind Coffee
• Spiced Black Loose Leaf Tea
• Honey Mustard
• 6 Organic Mince Pies with Brandy
• Dark Chocolate Roasted Hazelnut Biscuits
• Christmas Pudding
• Mulled Berry Jam
• Orange and Ginger Marmalade
• Winter Spice Chocolate Almonds
• Cranberry & Clementine Fudge
• Bertie Christmas Bear 2017
Taste Test of The Grosvenor Hamper
With friends round at the weekend, I made an ice cream with the marmalade which was deliciously citrusy and fragranced with warm ginger spice. The recipe is below.
We also ate the mince pies which were rich and fruity encased in a buttery pastry. Lastly, we have already started (nearly finished) the Winter Spice Chocolate Almonds and these also taste delicious and generously coated in milk chocolate and dusted with cocoa powder.
I can’t wait to start on the rest of the hamper on the big day itself.
Harrods are offering free UK standard delivery on hamper orders over £130 until Friday 24 November 2017 – see website for T&Cs.
I was sent this hamper from Harrods for the purpose of an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
- 600ml double cream (heavy cream)
- 1 x 397g sweetended condensed milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon mixed spiced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 50ml bourbon
- 1 x 350g jar orange and ginger marmalade
- Whisk the double cream until light and frothy but don’t overbeat. Add the condensed milk, mixed spice, vanilla extract and bourbon until just combined.
- Add the marmalade and mix again until mostly combined. Clumps here and there is fine and adds to the look of the ice cream.
- Pour into a Tupperware container and place the lid on and freeze for 6 hours or overnight until set. Serve straight from the freezer.
- The ice cream won’t set rock hard due to the amount of liquid sugar in the condensed milk so you don’t need to remove from the freezer ahead of time to soften.