New video series for Beach Hut Cook

New: Mini Movie Series

I now make a weekly mini movie every Saturday on Instagram which we call Beach Shorts in our house!  These mini movies are no more than a minute long, sometimes shorter and feature ultra easy recipes that don’t need a recipe blog post.  I then feature them sometime afterwards on my YouTube channel so that everyone can see them.

I love making these mini movies as they are so easy to film and we always eat them straightaway!  No talking to the camera, no recipe to work out just a putting-together of ingredients.  Perfect for beach hut life and picnic walks.

I will still be doing the longer YouTube videos which are I love doing but these mini movies are more for those recipes that are too simple to call cooking!

Here’s my Mini Movie playlist and if you wanted to subscribe to my YouTube channel that would be lovely. Otherwise they are weekly on my Instagram feed (see in column to the right).

Plus you get to see lots of beach views and a taste of beach hut life.  Let me know if there are any recipes you want me to include.  There’s got to be a cocktail video to make, surely?!

40 Comments

• Reply Pamela Leon 25th May 2017 at 6:59 pm

Love this mini movie series! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Reply Rhian Westbury 26th May 2017 at 4:05 pm

Such a lovely idea for a mini-series, I like things which are branded as quick and easy as that’s my kind of cooking x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 27th May 2017 at 6:08 pm

Thanks you Rhian. I so love doing these. Although the one posted today on my Instagram feed was filmed by our youngest son. I love how he captures colour and sunshine, Elinor x

• Reply Nayna Kanabar 26th May 2017 at 4:15 pm

These are a lovely idea and I am going to go and check them all out on your you tube channel. Looking forward to new updates.

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 26th May 2017 at 4:26 pm

• Reply Melanie 26th May 2017 at 7:59 pm

Wiw mini movies…impressive! πŸ™‚ I like the sound of ultra easy recipes, right up my street πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 27th May 2017 at 6:07 pm

Oh yes, we all need a little easy from time to time! Elinor x

• Reply Sarah Bailey 26th May 2017 at 8:25 pm

What a fantastic idea, I am definitely going to have to keep an eye out for you posting these on Instagram.

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 27th May 2017 at 6:07 pm

Thanks Sarah. These also appear on my Instagram feed weekly. Elinor x

• Reply CHARLOTTE EVANS 26th May 2017 at 8:30 pm

oh this is a really good idea, I am going to check out your channel! xx

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 27th May 2017 at 6:06 pm

Thanks Charlotte! I hope you like it, Elinor x

• Reply Jen 27th May 2017 at 8:54 am

Mini movies are a fab idea. Easy to watch, with inspiration to get you interested. A great way to share.

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 27th May 2017 at 6:05 pm

So simple to make too! I love the longer vlogs but these are snappy and quick. We all need quick from time to time, don’t we? Elinor x

• Reply Mummy Times Two 27th May 2017 at 5:06 pm

Ooo I think I need to figure out how to subscribe to a channel, because one minute videos sound like a great idea x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 27th May 2017 at 6:04 pm

No worries, these appear on my YouTube channel some time after they are live weekly on my Instagram feed. Elinor x

• Reply Mel 27th May 2017 at 9:30 pm

This is such a fab idea. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for these.

• Reply Tamsin | Eco Fluffy Mama 28th May 2017 at 7:46 pm

Love, love, LOVE! I am lazy and these quick little makes are perfect for me.

• Reply Becca Talbot 29th May 2017 at 4:25 pm

Love the idea of a mini movie for recipes that don’t require a full on blog post – sometimes it’s just easier to watch something and pause it as you’re cooking along! x

• Reply Talya 30th May 2017 at 2:48 pm

What a fab idea….quick and easy recipes are the way forward. Off to have a nosy now!

• Reply Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs 30th May 2017 at 5:35 pm

oh what a fab idea! I so need a beach hut in my life! And the strawberry shortcake. Off to subscribe πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 30th May 2017 at 5:36 pm

Aw thanks xx

• Reply Charlotte 30th May 2017 at 9:38 pm

What a fab idea and you’re right you can still share great content in short clips for recipes that don’t quite warrant a full video without others missing out!

• Reply Ana De- Jesus 30th May 2017 at 11:03 pm

Strawberries are my favourite fruit so I like anything with them in! The strawberry shortcake looks good x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 31st May 2017 at 11:07 am

Thank you Ana, strawberry anything works for me! Elinor x

• Reply Yaya 30th May 2017 at 11:18 pm

I’m loving the concept and can’t wait to catch up on what I’ve missed. What’s your favourite summer drink? I’d love to know and see that in a short.

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 31st May 2017 at 11:07 am

Thanks, vlogging is new to me and definitely love the challenge! Elinor x

• Reply Kizzy 31st May 2017 at 6:44 am

What a fabulous idea, will keep an eye out on Instagram for your next one.

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 31st May 2017 at 11:06 am

Thanks, I love IG videos as they have to be 1m or less long! Elinor x

• Reply Cathy Glynn 31st May 2017 at 7:36 am

These are such a great idea. I don’t like being in front of the camera talking much but these are definitely eye catching x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 31st May 2017 at 11:05 am

It gets better as you do them. I hated it the start and still not entirely ok with it but definitely better. Elinor x

• Reply Kara 31st May 2017 at 8:42 am

What a great idea to make mini movies, heading over now to watch them

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 31st May 2017 at 11:04 am

Thanks Kara x

• Reply Clair 31st May 2017 at 12:05 pm

I would love a cocktail video! Perfect to try for coming into the summer too!

• Reply Alida @My Little Italian Kitchen 31st May 2017 at 8:08 pm

Brilliant! I really love the idea of cooking right at the beach!
    Your mini movies are really good. Well done!

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 31st May 2017 at 8:12 pm

Thanks so much x

• Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz... 1st June 2017 at 12:37 pm

Great ideas to make mini movies and inspire others to cook πŸ™‚ yes to the cocktail video please !

• Reply Zena's Suitcase 1st June 2017 at 7:08 pm

These sound right up my street. I love cooking, and having a quick simple video to follow will help me fit it in

• Reply Lisa (Mumdadplus4) 2nd June 2017 at 7:59 am

These are great mini movies what a brilliant idea

• Reply Emma Raphael 5th June 2017 at 12:18 pm

Love this idea, will pop over to check them out! And yes please to cocktail videos!! πŸ™‚ x

• Reply Elinor Hill aka Beach Hut Cook 5th June 2017 at 1:59 pm

Of course, cocktail’s it is!!