Cooking with Tesco’s Cypriot New Potatoes. Vegetable Filled Tortilla with Parmesan.
We’ve all excepted that Christmas and New Year are all done and that means spring and summer are on their way. We are on the home stretch. Warmer weather is coming. And I can’t wait.
To keep that happy hopeful feeling alive, I long for spring-like foods and those clever supermarket people from Tesco have brought out these Cypriot New Potatoes. Due to all that glorious Cyprus sunshine it means we can enjoy them a little earlier than we are used to in the UK.
You don’t even have to peel them, just a quick wash as they are good to go. These Cyprus potatoes are grown using traditional methods on small family farms harvested by hand from the mineral rich red alluvial soil which gives them their distinctive creamy earthy taste. And it gets better: you can enjoy these creamy tasty potatoes right up to the end of March. That happy hopeful feeling is rather good, isn’t it.
Also do please check out my latest YouTube video on how to cook this quick and easy Vegetable Filled Tortilla with Parmesan.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 100g fresh spinach and watercress mixed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 new potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add onion, garlic and carrot, and fry gently until softened.
- Add spinach/watercress mix and give everything a good seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the sliced cooked new potatoes and until to cook until spinach starts to wilt.
- Pour over the beaten eggs and keep tilting and moving the egg mixture so it keeps finding another gap to fill. This helps cook the tortilla more evenly.
- Sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and pop under the grill for a few minutes until golden.
This is my entry for the #CypriotNewPotatoes challenge and big thanks to Tesco for the voucher to cover the cost of ingredients.
Why not save this recipe for later.
Linking up with Mummy Too’s recipe of the week.