Cocktails, friends, laughter and good food; that’s the makings for a good time for me. I like everything simple and easy so I’m not the stressy one at a party. I’m too busy talking and mainly giggling to concentrate on fussy recipes. This Botanical Siesta cocktail should give you all the flavour of herbs and spices with the happy kick of Spanish brandy.
With the help of both our boys, we made another recipe video; this time for Foodies 100’s You Tube channel and I hope many more follow. I loved working with the boys and they stepped up when I got rather too close to deadline! That’s teamwork for you.
- Handfull of Ice
- 50ml Spanish brandy
- 1 tablespoon lime cordial
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of one whole lime
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- Soda water
- Place ice in a tall glass.
- Add the rum and lime cordial.
- Add the lemon and lime juices then finally top up with soda water and stir with a rosemary sprig which has been lightly bruised to release its natural oils.
- Wipe the glass with the bay leaf and serve.