When I cook fish at home the smell can linger for a while and there’s nothing more endearing that one of your children announcing “what is that smell?!” the moment they walk through the front door. I love you too.
Cooking fish outside puts and end to all that and to top it all: it’s quick.
Keep it simple, be ready to eat straightaway so all salad prep etc done, guests ready and all will be perfect.
You’ll see I used tortillas instead of tacos, that’s because I couldn’t find any but they work better here but as always with beach hut cooking it’s a go with the flow kind of thing.
- Seasoning mix: ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 garlic clove, crushed, ½ teaspoon ground cumin, large pinch of sugar, 2 teaspoons of oil, salt and pepper
- 1 large piece cod loin
- Slaw salad, a mix of red and green cabbage, lettuce and sweet pepper
- Avocado, sliced and sprinkled with lime juice
- Sour cream
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Lime juice to sprinkle over
- Tacos (used tortillas as no tacos)
- Combine the seasoning mix and work into the cod loin then slice thinly (ignore my photos of sprinkling on the seasoning mix, made it differently since then).
- Heat a large frying pan on the firepit or hob, add the seasoned fish, fry each side for about 1 minute, and remove from the pan.
- Assemble your wrap or taco with the remaining ingredients and eat straightaway.