Spring is here and although it’s been strong winds and horizontal rain here, Spring has still sprung. I’m ignoring the knife sharp winds and sleet that actually hurts and thinking positive thoughts. It’s Mother’s Day here in the UK this Sunday and I’m radiating an air of loveliness around the house in the hope for breakfast in bed and a “Mum I love you/owe you big time” kind of hug.
So if you want to make Breakfast a bit special whether it’s for Mother’s Day, the Easter Weekend or just a regular lazy weekend meal this will provide you with warmth and a culinary cuddle that will make you feel loved and cherished which is what weekends are all about no matter what the reason.
- 250g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of strawberry conserve
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 Hot Cross Buns (or Fruit Teacakes), sliced in half
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- knob of butter
- To make the sauce, put the blueberries, conserve and vanilla in a small saucepan and gently heat together and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to allow to cool.
- Mix together the eggs and milk in a shallow bowl and place the halved hot cross buns in the mixture. In a frying pan, melt the butter and place the egg soaked buns in the pan and fry on each side for approximately 2 minutes each side.
- Turn out on to a plate and serve with the warm blueberry sauce along with a spoonful or two of rich cream fraiche.
Joining in with Simply Eggcellent March 2016 with Belleau Kitchen
Also joining in Recipe of the Week with A Mummy Too