Sound good together don’t they? Like two of your closest single friends that just would make the perfect couple. Well I put these two together and I can safely say they are now completely and utterly in love. Meet the happy couple.
Seriously, these cupcakes make the best post walk picnic offering which will make your fellow walkers make those mid mouthful noises which translate to “ooh those are good, can I have another one?”
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125g butter, softened
- 225g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Baileys
- 70ml whole milk
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- 25g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon Baileys
- Milk chocolate grated to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Place muffin cases in a muffin tray and set aside.
- Beat the sugar butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and finally the vanilla extract, beating well with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and the baking powder and set aside. In a small jug mix the milk and Baileys together.
- Alternating between the flour and milk/Baileys mixture add to the butter/sugar mix. Once fully mixed together place evenly between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly golden. Set aside to cool while you make the topping.
- For the topping, melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then add the cream cheese, baileys and finally the icing sugar, beating well with each addition. Allow to firm up in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then ice each cupcake.
- Decorate how you wish but I like grated/flaked chocolate.
Disclaimer – I was asked to make a recipe using Baileys as a follow up from making their wonderful Flat White Martini cocktail on my previous post where I received a Baileys hamper plus supermarket vouchers. Happy to do so.