Next week our kids go back to school and college and I always find this time really sad as I enjoy having the kids around. Working from home is definitely a luxury for me although when their mates Drum and Base or Dubstep make an appearance it can be a tad tricky to explain this when you are on the phone to a client. Normally I don’t mind loud music but at nerve cell damaging volume? So why not mark the end of the holidays with a get together with family and friends this weekend? I love a gathering.
And if the weather’s rubbish, then all huddle together in the kitchen and eat standing up. This salad will sit perfectly with griddled halloumi cheese in a pitta or wrap.
- 2 large bunches of flat leaves parsley
- half a cucumber, diced small
- 4 tomatoes, chopped small or use cherry toms
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 heaped dessertspoons of capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Finely chop the parsley, stalks and leaves: hate waste. Lay out on a large plate or in a bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients. Make the dressing in a mug or small bowl and then drizzle over giving everything a good mix.
- This doesn't store well so eat presto pronto.